Wednesday, January 4, 2012

November 15, 2011


Are you very curious as to what is happening in my “author world?” I knew you were so I thought I’d fill you in. 
Sat. there was a Christmas craft fair in my little town and I sold my books as well as some “birdie” crafts I had made. If you were to have asked me 10 years ago if I would EVER be a vendor at a craft fair I would have laughed and told you how ridiculous that idea was—“Never, never, never!!!!” would have been my response. And yet there I was with my books and my little homemade crafts and enjoying myself immensely! It was a successful day in terms of book sales. I feel as though I am just getting my wheels turning, so to speak. I have just sent out around 200 postcards to friends and family about my book and I have another couple events before Christmas at my church and also at the local Christian bookstore. I love the manager there. She is so sweet, helpful and just great to work with. She is about the age of my oldest daughter and has young children of her own. When I was in yesterday she asked me if I was going to make an audio CD of my Christmas book like I’d done for TWITTY, FLITTY, AND ITTY BITTY. I told her I was if I could get my son to do the recording. I’m sure he will—evenually! I’m excited about that as I’ve written a couple children’s Christmas songs to include on the CD. My favorite is a lullaby that goes like this:
“Sleep now, Baby Jesus, on your mommy’s knee.
Joseph, too, is watching, kneeling down on bended knee.
Sleep now, Baby Jesus. God smiles on His son.
Soon the day is coming for the work that must be done.
Chorus:
The king yet just a baby. Oh, how can it be?
Sleep a little longer. Dream your dreams so peacefully.
Sleep now, Baby Jesus. We know you came to die,
To bear our sin and sorrow. Heavy load! Now don’t you cry!
Chorus:
The king yet just a baby. Oh, how can it be?
Sleep a little longer. Dream you dreams so peacefully.
Sleep now…..Go to sleep now…….
When my husband and I were practicing this last night, figuring out the chords on the
guitar, he kept getting sleepier and sleepier so I think it is very effective as a lullaby!!!
Hope you get to HEAR it sometime. Sweet, sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment