Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December 5, 2011


A Monday morning—a strange time for me to write on my blog. Usually I am full of plans and things I want to accomplish on Mondays, and truly I will soon be in the thick of things, especially since Christmas is only about 3 weeks away! I want to keep in touch, however, with my “faithful readership!”
The Monday before Thanksgiving I came down with a cold. When I get colds they usually last a long time and are pretty “bad” by my standards. My husband, who is with lots of different people everyday seems to avoid almost every kind of illness and almost never has a cold!
My guest list for Thanksgiving was at 18 people although most were family. Everyone was bringing food so I didn’t have to work too hard. The day went well and I didn’t start to feel REALLY lousy until that evening. My cold was in full “stuffing” mode you might say, and I laid pretty low for about the next 5-7 days. TG weekend I had planned to have my son record me reading my Christmas book along with two little songs I’d written and another story. I literally couldn’t talk, let alone record anything. (I still can’t sing much and I so LOVE singing along to my Christmas CD’s!) My son, Eric, was a forensics pro in high school. He also had written a clever little Christmas song a couple years ago and recorded it. I asked him if he would do the recording for me and he agreed. I knew he would do a great job, but I didn’t know it would be that good. It was super, duper!! So on the CD we put the two stories and his little song and it is the best CD ever. (I am his MOTHER so I might be a tiny bit biased!) He did voices for the little birds, and listening to it made me love my story all over again. It also encouraged me to think that this story could be used to touch others also with the simple yet profound message of Christmas. That is certainly my prayer.
Does God use, not so pleasant experiences in our lives for good? He sure does. I just knew this is what God had in mind when Eric did my CD—God orchestrating good in the midst of our fallen world. Rom. 8:28 “All thing work together for good to those who love God and are called to fulfill his purposes…”
If any of you besides my friends read this you can get a CD my contacting me at metippin@hotmail.com
Have a blessed day! 
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment