Wednesday, January 4, 2012

November 22, 2011


I thought I SHOULD write on my blog even though I am not feeling anything very profound to say. Normally I wouldn’t admit this, but since this is “the blog that almost no one reads” it is okay.
I am in the midst of Thanksgiving preparations at my house with the guest list at around eighteen. This may sound like a large group to some of you, but with in a family with five children this is closer to “normal.” Only two of our five children will be there as the in-laws are beckoning for a little time also. Want to know the menu? It is very traditional:
turkey (smoked by one of my husband’s employees—simply delicious!
ham
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes (hold the marshmallows please!)
green bean cassarole
spinach
cranberry salad
relishes
rolls
pie-pumpkin, pecan and whatever else my sister-in-law brings
Everyone contributes so I am not over worked.
I am hoping that sometime this weekend I can do a little recording with my son of my Christmas book and songs. I woke up with a cold so it may have a little nasally (how do you spell that?) sound to it. I’ve heard some recording artists that are pretty bad so guess it will be alright. A good friend’s daughter has a famous blog and she put my books on it. ( The Macs) They had a precious baby daughter die and she is chronicling her journey. They are a wonderful Christian couple and God has since blessed them with two darling little boys. This has produced some orders and I hope Amazon is getting flooded with orders!!!
I’m anxious to start my next book. I need to do a bit more editing. I would like to have it in hand before next summer. It is the third in my birdie trilogy.
Thanks for taking the time to read this! As I think about the season and Thanksgiving to be exact, I am so very thankful to God for the many gifts He has given me because I have chosen to follow Him: family, friends, purpose, joy, strength in sorrow, contentment, creativity, music.
I’ll end with a song quote:
“Count your blessings; name them one by one.
Count your blessings; see what God has done.
Count your blessings; name them one by one.
Count your many blessings; see what God has done!”

No comments:

Post a Comment